Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sh** happens when you party naked


It's Saturday morning and our austerity kick has yielded an interesting breakfast. Well, the result wasn't interesting -- egg sandwiches and coffee -- but the means to the end was. One sandwich featured a frost-bitten English muffin, one a stale butt end of bread. The coffee was also chipped out of the freezer, whole bean, organic and from a bygone era in the Trotters' grocery shopping habits (read: when the debit card could be swiped without me breaking out into a cold sweat -- and when we had a working coffee grinder). Today Greg ground (grinded? both sound funny) the coffee in a food processor. Despite internet naysayers, it turned out pretty good.

I've decided to take weekends off of the blogging so as not to burn out too quickly. June's napping and I'm psyching myself up for a run here shortly -- my first in, well, a very long time. Now if that's not post fodder, I don't know what is.

Check back on Monday to read all the disgusting details. That is, if I haven't been hospitalized.

Happy weekending, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment