Friday, March 4, 2011

I don't have a job, so why not write for free?


Okay, here we go. First post. No pressure. No need to be profound. Just start clickity-clacking and something good will seep out.

Hmmm. Seep. Gross.

Why is that picture so dang huge?

I'm not kidding myself in thinking this "mommy" blog is going to be any better or more insightful than the tens of thousands of others, but hey, use it or lose it, right?

Seriously, why is that picture so freaking big? Does anyone know anything about this stuff?

June's sleeping in her swing at the moment, but it's not going well. Dogs are ambling about, the phone's been ringing, and every little creak of our ancient farm house is forcing her eyes open. She's like a little ventriloquist's dummy -- quiet, still, almost implausibly pink. Then with the flick of a wrist she's awake. And pissed. And almost implausibly red. June could not be a happier baby, but the gal doesn't like being tricked into sleep. And that's exactly what the swing is: a cheap, underhanded ploy at prompting nappage. But now her eyes are closed and have stayed closed for about five minutes. Hallelujah.

It's about two degrees out today and Greg has the day off so we're heading to an indoor pool to splash around for a bit. It will be June's first dip in a pool, and given her unease around bathtime, it could be abbreviated. Although, this place has a lazy river and if one can fashion a Punnett Square around genetic predispositions for liking lazy rivers, this gal has one dominant-ass gene for liking lazy rivers. Now to buy a swim diaper. I had no idea such things existed. I could use one of those for when I go to the ocean, because just TRY and get me to not pee in the water. Can't be done. Find that gross? Then why is it you never see bathrooms at beaches? Think about it.

Well, this was a pretty lame first post. But they'll get more pizzazzy. I promise. I think.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun with it, lady. No money=No pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really brought me back to 9th grade with the whole Punnet Square thing. I like it, and am going to be insufferable with Punnet Square quips now. "Here comes ole' Punnet Square Dirk," people will whisper while scouting for hidey holes, lest they find themselves at the pointy end of my Punnet Square wit. Yes sir, this is gonna be a whole new life for me.

    ReplyDelete