Saturday, May 7, 2011

Hostess cupcake


My folks are in town and the landscape is finally in bloom. I don't think it's a coincidence.

A warm front has moved into the Moving Finger.

I've been woefully MIA given I've been on deadline with some paying gigs and I'm on a two-sweep-a-day chore diet. The weather is mild and our dog that I've before said was half-Great Pyrenees, half-Robin Williams, is losing about 30 percent of her body weight in follicular matter. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do when June starts crawling. A muzzle? For her? Cruel? But possibly necessary. Without it she could be dealing with the canine hair equivalent to black lung. I was pulling hairs of all colors, textures and lengths from her clothes the other day and I said to her, "Poor Junie. You will forever be covered in hair. Be it mom's, dad's or dogs'." I wish her the best lint brush the universe has birthed.

Anyway, at the moment my mom and I are watching decorating shows (cable has been canceled but we're still getting it. Sweet), my dad is editing on his computer, and Greg is watching the Pacquiao / Mosely fight at a friend's house (special occasion). June is snoozing, steak is digesting, wine is being metabolized. Life is good.

Tomorrow is mother's day, my first. We're heading to brunch in Woodstock, VT and then going to an educational farm to give June her first taste of exploited livestock. I will definitely be incorporating bacon into my brunch. I love that kind of stuff.

It's been an incredible visit having my parents here. It hurts, how much I miss them. But we make these trips count. Sitting around watching "Storage Wars" doesn't sound like we do, but this means a lot to me. And June. Our frequent skypings have paid off, as it took her roughly 45 seconds to reacquaint herself with Nana and Doose. She's smitten.

I'll post more soon, truly, I will. But in the meantime I have family to revel in, and a daughter on whom to dote.

Happy Mothers Day.

2 comments:

  1. I will promptly be calling your cable company to let them know that you're still receiving service that you are no longer paying for. I don't know how you sleep at night, young lady. Oh yeah, that's right. You're probably not sleeping that much anyhow, huh? Happy First Mother's Day, Kerry! Love you, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate! Happy Mother's Day to you, my dear! When you call the cable company, please explain to them that I would like my money back for "Bride Wars." Actually, we've been sleeping great. Junie has been doing 12-hour stretches since she was about 3-and-a-half months. Save for the occasional 5 a.m. wake-up call, she's a good night snoozer. Naps? We're working on that. Love you!

    ReplyDelete